Cura Oil Nature, Indoor / 125 dkk
Skagerak’s natural worktop oil is designed to protect and strengthen wooden surfaces on dark/golden/honey brown wood types such as teak, western red cedar, cherry, and mahogany. As the natural oil saturates and darkens the surface a little, it brings out the natural beauty of the wood and leaves it well-nourished, resistant to water, dirt and grease.
- Treatment for wood products
Item no. 1103041
- Material and care
Proper usage and maintenance
Proper usage and maintenance is vital for getting the most out of the valuable resources we have. Our designs are made to last for generations, but just like everything else, they need a little care to get there.
1. Sand down the surface with sandpaper grit 180. Wipe off the wood dust with a dry cloth afterwards.
2. Clean the wood with Wood Cleaner. After cleaning, let the surface dry for at least 8 hours at room temperature.
3. Stir the oil thoroughly before use.
4. Use a paintbrush to apply a suitable amount of oil in an even, adequate coat.
5. Wait approx. 30 minutes as the oil penetrates the wood. Apply once more if dry spots appear.
6. Carefully polish the wood using a polishing pad. This makes the surface more hard-wearing.
7. Next, wipe off all excess oil using a lint-free cotton cloth. Do not leave any excess oil on the surface.
8. Wait one hour and repeat step 3-7. The surface should be treated 2-3 times before taken into use.
9. During the last treatment (at step 4) sand the wood while the surface is still wet with oil. Sand lengthwise the wood grain with sandpaper grit 280-320 and wipe off all excess oil using a lint-free cotton cloth.
10. After 24 hours at room temperature, the surface is ready to use. Do not let the wood become wet during the hardening process. The oil is fully hardened after 1 week. The surface should be treated with caution during this period. Liquids must be wiped off.