Helios Firebowl / 349 eur
Designed by Skagerak design
Helios is both a fireplace and a grill - constructed to provide optimal air flow for the firewood or charcoals. The intuitive design with side handles makes it easy to move around when cold.
- Cast Iron
ØxH: 58x19 cm
Item no. S1810512
- WxDxH: 59x59x20 cm
Weight: 19,6 kg
- Material and care
Proper usage and maintenance
Proper usage and maintenance is vital for getting the most out of the valuable resources we have. Our designs are made to last for generations, but just like everything else, they need a little care to get there.
Corten steel is a weathering material known for its corrosion resistance and tensile strength. As it contains small amounts of copper, chromium and nickel, it will create a beautiful and protective layer of patina over time which gives it a superb longevity.
Cleaning and maintenance
This product requires a minimum of care, since the protective layer of patina is constantly regenerating as a response to weather changes. However, make sure to empty water from the surface after rainy weather, as the rusty water may discoulour the surroundings.
Dry off the product and store it in a dry room.
When unpacking your new fireplace, it might have minor processing marks and will not have gained its final patina look yet. This will take between 2-3 month after placed outside – slightly depending on the weather conditions. None of the processing marks will be visible when the fire place has gained its final patina look.
Until the steel has made its final patina look (rusted), the product should be placed on a natural surface in proper distance to surrounding materials such as stone, wood or cement, to ensure it does not contaminate it. Remove loose particles with a broom.
• The fire place is only for outdoor use. Never use it under a canopy/porch or any unprotected wooden structures. Keep it away from inflammable objects.
• Place the fire place on a fixed, flat and non- combustible surface.
• Use only ignition products, never petrol, ethyl alcohol or other explosive fluids. Due to the risk of explosion, never pour lighter fluid onto a fire or embers.
• The fire place will be very hot during use. Do not leave the ignited fire place unattended. Watch any children or animals that may be near.
• Make sure the fire and embers have been extinguished before you leave or move the fire place.
• Water being collected in the fire place must be discharged in a proper way to ensure the water will not contaminate. The rusty water must not get into reach of stones or wood.
• If you should get any rusty water on the surfaces, you must immediately rinse it off with plenty of water and a hard brush. If still not able to remove it you must contact a professional.
Dispose the product at your local waste receiving station.
The dark and matte cast iron is an iron-carbon alloy with a high resistance to deformity, corrusion and wear.
You do not need to clean the fire bowl – you only need to remove ashes as required. If you want to preserve the original black colour of the material, take a look the maintenance instructions below.
Although hardwearing, eventually the surface of cast iron will rust if stored outdoors unattended. The best way to prevent this is therefore to keep the surface greased and store your product inside when not in use. Before storing it, clean it with water, a mild detergent and a brush. Dry off the product afterwards and grease the surface with cooking oil or similar. You might have to remove the leftover oil spots with an engine degreaser.
Be aware that rust can stain the surface on which the fire bowl is standing.
Dry off the fire bowl and store it in a dry room.